Thanks to every one who contributed to my wonderful birthday!! I received many wonderful phone calls - sidenote: I did receive all messages, I apologize if I did not call you back, but I got out of class late and had to eat and such and there were simply not enough hours last night. So far I have received some beautiful scarves from Bobby (what a wonderful husband!) and the book Wicked from Bobby (we want to see the play, but I want to read the book first, and I hear the author is great so hopefully one day I'll be able to read all of his books). I received my great gifts from my mom, too! My cousins and my aunt got me a wonderful picture that I can hang on the wall - yay for my things to go on our bare walls!! Today I also received some yummy oatmeal from Karen H - there's a story involved, so I got a great kick from it! I'm also excited to say I hear that there are gifts on the way, so yay for an extension of my birthday!!!
To change the topics a little, I would like to tell you about our "lighting" misfortunes. A little background first . . . I believe I've mentioned that our shower broke? If not, or as a little reminder, where the water comes out when it's running for a bath (not the shower part) broke off in the middle of a shower a couple weeks ago. Quite entertaining, I suppose, and yet, somewhat annoying. Also, our bed is broken. The metal frame that is holding the boxspring and the mattress keeps coming apart at the bottom. In the beginning it wasn't too bad, now when sitting at the other end of the bed, or sometimes while sleeping, it will just break! The mattress doesn't fall through, but it's highly uncomfortable - not to mention I'm afraid of making it worse. Well, so far nothing has been done about it. Okay, now back to lighting. Our entryway light has been out for awhile, no big deal, though, we rarely use it (supposedly our CA reported the mishap, but it was never fixed). Then the other night, our bedroom light went out. So we reported both light outings to maintenance. It wasn't too big of a deal, except that then Bobby lost his ID. Now, with no lighting in the living room (there are no ceiling lights, only a lamp), and no lights in the bedroom, and none in the hallway, that left only the kitchen and bathroom - which are hidden in their own little sections. So while looking for a little white ID card we had no choice but to move our lamp around the apartment and try to find it. Sadly no such luck finding the ID (the apartment is small and yet the ID has managed to hide itself quite well) and worse yet, our light in the lamp went out, too! How unreal is that?! The nice maintenance people came the next day to fix the ceiling lights (it's their responsibility) but sadly I have not bought light bulbs yet. So at least every room but the living room is back to its shining glory. Oh, and I asked the maintenance man about the bed - they have to get us a new bedframe and it's not in yet. All this to say we have only been here a few months and already we have placed more than our fair share of maintenance requests. I sure hope we're not labeled "the people in bancroft 103 reported a request again!" I don't want to be those people, but I guess that's just our luck! Oh, and as yet another sidenote, I hate having problems with the bed! I know what people are thinking, and honestly, I don't like that, but I had to report this bed problem!! We don't want to put the matresses on the floor like I had to in Belton, but still, I hated reporting it. I was reminded of my bed incident from Burt hall!! Good times, good times!
Smile: My parents are in town!
Frown: I did not get my transcript on time (that will teach me to expect a transcript to arrive in a week and a half) so no honor's society this semester - I have to wait until April! Oh well, no big deal, right?!
1 comment:
Bed....bugs. Get a radiator hose clamp. Should be able to get them at any automotive center, Target, gas station, etc. The long ends that come together at the end of the bed. Slip the clamp over one and put ends together. Use a screw driver to tighten the clamp (or a dime if you don't have a screw driver. That should hold until Maintenance can replace or fix it. Love you both
Post a Comment