Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Star Sightings

Not to downsize Elaine's movie star hair (which, by the way, Elaine, you really do have good hair!! I know it can be frizzy and wavy but straight and curly, your hair looks awesome!!), I have another, "What do you say?" story. Tonight in one of my classes, I was getting ready to turn in my homework and this girl that sits next to me said "Wow, you have really good handwriting!! Do you practice it?" Okay, I don't want to sound conceited, I've seen better handwriting, but I guess it's not bad, but what do I say to that? "Thanks, I spend hours every night practicing?!" I told her thanks and just smiled and said "No, it just comes naturally" which I'm sure sounds even more conceited!! Oh well!

This morning I woke up early and instead of getting straight to work on homework, I decided to go work out! I got to Columbia's gym, found the exercise bike, got on, and began working out. I had worked out about twenty minutes, ten minutes to go (there's a thirty minute time limit) and this girl walks up and stands in front of the machine next to mine. The girl on the machine asked if she needed the machine (she'd already gone over her maximum thirty minutes by at least fifteen). This girl said "No, I'm waiting on the other one (mine), but it's okay because it's not nine yet." So immediately I start thinking, what in the world happens at nine?! Why can't I just finish my eight minutes that are left on the machine? Why can't she use the maching next to mine that's been empty for ten minutes? So a few minutes later, she comes up to my machine and says "It's nine, I need your machine." Now, I didn't mean to sound too rude, but I was curious so I asked "Why do you need my machine." To which she replied "I signed up for your machine, I get it from 9 to 9:30!" Okay, signing up for a machine?!!!! Whatever happend to the policy of first come, first serve?! Isn't that why there's a time limit on the machine?! Maybe it's just because I came from a small university, but this is a totally new concept for me! She explained that there was a sign up sheet on the second floor and of course, I immediately felt bad and offered to wipe down the machine, but it was too late, I think she'd already labeled me as a mean person and said she'd clean it herself! I felt awful!!! I wanted to run away and hide!! Instead I left and did some crunches! I'm sure she's now telling her friends about this snob that was on the machine! I don't like that people up here aren't friendly like they are in Texas, and here I am adding to this awful stereotype!! At least now I know about the sign up process!

Okay, and now to address the title of the blog. A couple weeks ago, when walking to Bed Bath and Beyond, Bobby said he saw Rupert, from Rupert's Deli on The Letterman Show!! We were on 56th and Broadway, at least ten blocks from the deli!! Then tonight, while I was in class, Bobby walked down to Barnes & Noble and said that while inside the store he saw Heath Ledger!! I'm a little jealous of him getting to see these stars and I haven't seen any (well, I saw the back of Rupert's head), but my day will come, I'm sure of it!!!

Smile: I got to eat rice and veggies today for lunch!! Yay for dishes and freshdirect.com!!
Frown: To trying to work ahead and get started on a paper and having a teacher tell you, "I'm talking about the paper in class this week, don't start it yet." So much for not procrastinating!