I can understand not having classes on Friday, I've had that kind of a schedule before. Not having classes on Monday, though, that's going to take a little getting used to. I thought I was going to have class tonight, but it only meets periodically and tonight was not one of those meeting nights. It felt like I was skipping class or something. I went to school and added a class and asked the stats tutor some homework questions, but still, it was strange not attending a class. Don't get me wrong, I could definitely get used to a four day weekend, but today, it was a strange day. I made the most of it, though. I woke up this morning and did laundry - you'd be surprised how many people do laundry on Monday morning. Then I worked on adding this class and saw the tutor. Tonight Bobby and I went back to Target and bought an addition for our entertainment center - now our TV is at a normal height, I just don't know what to put on the extra shelves. Bobby treated me and took me to Starbucks!! I tried the new Pumpkin Spice Frappuccino and let me just say it was delicious!! I am definitely going to have to enjoy it before it gets too cold outside!! Now we're home and enjoying our new TV. I might start working on my paper, but I might work on organizing my filing cabinet and clean the apartment a little (I hate not being able to do homework until the place is clean!), such a dilemma!!
I have not yet found a McAlister's, or a place anything close to it, but Bobby and I have found a place where they know who we are. There's a cute little pizza place about a block from here and the prices are actually normal - much better than most places around here. The other good news is the pizza doesn't make me sick (good news for my stomach, bad news for my waistline). I told one guy "gracias" one day because I noticed he spoke Spanish to someone and he was quite impressed (people up here don't think that white people speak Spanish). Now whenever I go in there he smiles. Yay for having our own little place to go eat, but I'm still on the lookout for something like McAlister's!!
Smile: To enjoying frappuccino's while the weather is still nice!
Frown: For the fact that no stores up here (none that I have found at least) carry Velveeta or Rotel, so no queso for at least a little while!!
2 comments:
hey! i'm jealous of those 4 day weekends!! I could use one of those ( : I think Au Bon Pain is pretty similar to Mcallisters, but they may not have your potatoes.... Also, do you want me to mail you some velveeta and rotel? It wouldn't be a problem at all so just let me know! You can't be without queso for too long...
and thanks for the encouraging note ( :
ok I intended to comment on the post above this one, but for some reason it's not letting me do it... maybe I'm just having a blonde moment, I dunno... anyways, I'm jealous of Bobby too... and I think the bike story is rather funny... and last, it cracked me up that your teacher wouldn't let you be an overachiever. You'll have to be a normal student for once, whatever will you do?! ;-)
Post a Comment