Sunday, September 11, 2005

We have a TV!

Today we bought a TV! We know have our own TV so we can watch television whenever we want, and we can watch DVD's on something other than our laptops (laptops aren't bad, in fact the only downside is that the sound is not as loud as it is on TV)!! We returned the borrowed TV tonight - yea for good neighbors! We also bought a little entertainment center to put the TV on. It's not too bad, but we're going to buy another one and stack it (they're built for stacking) so that the TV will be a little higher. All in all, not a bad weekend!

We still have clothes in boxes, and we still have things that don't have a place, but for the most part this humble abode is really starting to come together. We ordered groceries online last night, but the delivery center had problems today so maybe we'll get our groceries in a couple days (the good news is, because it was their mistake, they are giving us a free delivery). I have been enjoying some great Ramen meals and some yummy peanut butter and jelly sandwiches! Yea for inexpensive food!!

The sweet couple who let us borrow the TV told me today about placing work orders for the apartment. So far we have placed work orders for the toilet leaking and for the medicine cabinet mirror (they painted over the handle and we couldn't shut it) but I didn't know we could place an order for something like a nasty kitchen floor!! I am definitely going to do that this week!!! I'd place one for a new oven, but I don't think that would fly and I'd rather make sure they like me so they replace my ugly floor!!! One day I will take a picture of it and put it online, but until then, take my word that it is nasty and doesn't deserve to be walked on without shoes!!

Tonight I received some emails from classmates. It has more or less been an online study group and it has been great! The teacher encourages collaborating on the homework assignments, so yea for a study group with smart people! Another big yea for the fact that I have finished all my homework (I haven't had one class yet, because it meets on Tuesday and class started Wednesday). I have a paper to write that's due in a week and a half, and there's always reading to do before classes that I have in a week and a half, but for everything that is due this week, I am done! Now, about this paper. I am a math major and as such, I did not have many opportunities of writing papers in college. I wrote the normal amount in high school, but there's definitely something different about a college paper! The only ones I wrote were my freshman year, first semester, and when I went to Mexico. Freshman year wasn't too bad, in fact, the professor was nice and gave me helpful suggestions. The Mexico teacher, well, lets just say I've tried to put it behind me. The paper I have to write is for a class in which all the grades for the class are the five papers which we have to write. They're all two pages. They're critiques over the readings that we have assigned each week. I have read the readings, and have ideas for a paper, and will probably begin writing it tomorrow, but I am very nervous about this paper and about failing my first official graduate paper!! I am uncertain about what the professor wants and well, I'm basically just doubting my abilities! Tomorrow I am going to try to find this professor and see if he'll give me some more insight! He officially doesn't have office hours until Wednesday, but that's only a minor detail, right?! Papers for a math class, who'd have thunk it?! I guess it will prepare me for the doctorate I eventually want.

Other than that things are well on the home front! Hopefully I will have another great week of classes and will continue to stay ahead of the game as far as my studies are concerned. Bobby has put in applications for some jobs at Columbia, so hopefully he'll get some calls this week!

Smile: I can sleep peacefully knowing that my homework is done!!
Frown: To a delivery problem - I was really looking forward to eating an apple for breakfast tomorrow!

No comments: