The past few days I have not been a good student - I've been watching more TV and doing less homework!! The second week of school and already I'm slacking a little! What has become of me?! A couple days ago I spent way too long trying to put a picture of Bobby and I on our blog profile. I finally got it, but then they said my picture is too big (all my pictures are too big)!! If I had known that from the beginning (originally, I was just writing the URL wrong and all that) I would never have attempted the project!! Oh well, such is life I suppose!
Yesterday Bobby and I decided we wanted to walk down Broadway to see what stores are around and to get some exercise. We walked down to 86th (we're on 121st) and passed the movie theater. Lord of War was playing so we stopped in and watched it. It was okay, not great, but not awful either. Then we kept walking. We stopped at Burger King because all we had eaten so far was popcorn. Then kept walking. We walked down to 65th and then went into Urban Outfitters. We didn't buy anything, but there were some cute things! We then decided to turn around and walk home. We walked into some shoe stores (Steve Madden, Nine West, and a couple others) because I am on the hunt for cute, yet not high heeled, boots. We stopped at a cute little market, a Whole Foods type place, and bought some apples, chicken, cantaloupe, and pita bread. It was a wonderful walk and the only way it could have been better is if the humidity had not been around!
After the long walk I was not really in a mood to focus on studying, sadly! Instead we relaxed, watched some TV, and rested our legs. We cooked some yummy chicken in cream of mushroom, and rice!! It was our first real meal since we've been here and it was delicious!! Then we sat back down to watch TV and The Italian Job was on, so we watched it!! I love having HBO, HBO2 and Showtime!!
Today I definitely need to write my paper and do a lot of reading!! I guess that means I should stop writing this blog and get to work!! Have a great weekend everybody!!
1 comment:
Hey! Try using the thumbprint version of your pix. It should be small enough. That's how I got mine up. And I understand the procrastination! I'm doing that too...I've been trying to do EVERYTHING before writing my paper. I've ironed, cleaned the kitchen, done laundry, went to office depot, etc. I've even done some reading for my classes just to avoid the paper. blah. Good luck focusing!! Let me know if you come up with any tricks for ignoring the distractions...
Post a Comment