Friday, August 26, 2005
Packing Woes
Today I woke up and knew that I absolutely had to start packing and getting ready to move. I have been procrastinating since we've been back in Belton and honestly I still don't think it's time to pack but I know that I need to get it done so I can enjoy my last few days in this humble town. The main reason for my continual procrastination is that I have trouble packing if my room and the area I am using for packing is not clean. However, this time, I cannot get my room clean and I cannot put stuff away until I start packing (due to the limited amount of space and the vast amount of stuff) so I am in an endless cycle. So far I have packed one box of things that will be shipped to us and I have started packing one suitcase of things that we will take on the plane with us. I still have two suitcases, though, that are not completely unpacked from our trip and this is bothering me (but again, I don't have a ton of places to put the things that are in the suitcases). I also think that I have trouble packing ahead of time. I enjoy packing my suitcase the morning I leave. I am always afraid that I will pack something that I am going to need in the next few days and so I don't pack the item. This method works when packing for trips or small vacations, but I am pretty sure that this will not work for moving all this stuff so I am telling myself that I will not need this stuff in the next few days and if I do need it well then tough luck! Another reason for my procrastination is that I have no one to help me pack. I am not saying that I am a child and require someone to hold my hand while I pack, but previously when packing for big moves (moving to college, for example) I had someone there to talk to me while packing and keep me entertained while I was sorting through things. Now I have Bobby, and that's nice, and I enjoy his company, but I miss my packing buddy!! Elaine, I don't know if packing will ever be the same without you!! On the plus side, I did get to take a couple breaks from packing today. The first one was when I went and got lunch for Bobby and I at Ervin's Chicken, but I actually think this proved to be more stressful than relaxing. The speaker at this place is horrible! I can never understand what the people are saying to me and they never understand what I'm saying and they always make me come to the window to give them my order and then it takes even longer and the whole event is just a little too much for a simple fast food chicken meal! My second break from packing was tonight when Karen came and picked me up (since sadly, I am without a car). We ran a couple errands (returned some things, tried returning some other things, and picked up some things) and ate a yummy dinner at McAlister's! I am going to miss that place - especially the sweet tea!! But alas, I have now returned home and I need to return to the issue at hand - packing!! Perhaps I will stay up all night and finish so that I do not have to think about it anymore.... Or maybe I will procrastinate packing for just a little longer so I can read some more of my book. Sidenote - I have started reading "The Da Vinci Code" and am very much enjoying it. I am on page 150 and am having trouble putting it down! Just what I need is another reason to procrastinate packing!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I miss my packing buddy too! It was so hard to pack for Virginia without you even though I knew I had to take everything. I can't imagine trying to pick stuff to be sent and stuff to take on the plane and stuff to do without for a year. Call me ANYTIME for advice ( :
Da Vinci Code is GREAT! Read Angels & Demons next because I think I liked it even better.
Good luck! Miss you!!
Post a Comment