I'm not sure if the word I want is yea or yeah. I am quite proud of myself for my ability to spell words but these two words tend to make me think twice when I use them so rarely do I use them when writing things. I guess it's not really a big deal because I don't see myself ever writing an important paper and needing to use either one of those words, but because I am who I am, it drives me nuts that I never remember which one is like Hip Hip Hooray and which one is like I understand. Regardless, I'm moving on to the important topic of this blog...
While looking up our airline online the other day (to see the weight limit for luggage for our flight) I discovered that the wonderful ATA Airlines allow each person to check three pieces of luggage!! That means Bobby and I each get to check three pieces of luggage, carry a rolly suitcase onto the plane, and carry our laptop bags! For those of you counting, that's eight pieces of luggage which means we'll definitely be able to take everything that we need for our first few days in the city onto the plane! This also means we'll have one or two less boxes to pack and ship - not a huge deal but every little bit counts.
Today I went and bought more boxes so that we could finish our packing. I am happy to say we are almost done! We'll probably either finish later tonight, or wrap things up tomorrow morning. We have a lot of stuff and I am not sure where it's all going to go in the apartment, but at least now it's almost all in boxes or suitcases!!
Today I also got to spend some time with Alice! She was nice enough to take me on a couple errands and then hung out for a little while so that we could finish chatting. I am sad that I did not get to see every one during my week back in Belton. I will miss every one! Please keep in touch despite the distance!!
I don't think it has really hit yet that I am moving to New York! Tomorrow we are driving down to the airport because we're staying the night at the airport hotel (because we are leaving so early Wednesday morning and don't want to have to wake up even earlier just to drive down there). Maybe it will hit me tomorrow on our drive, or perhaps it will hit when we're on the plane. Maybe it will hit on Wednesday when we're hanging out in the city and enjoying being tourists. But I have a feeling it's not going to hit until we are moving our suitcases into our apartment on Thursday afternoon at two o'clock. What an eventful week this is going to be!
2 comments:
You're a New Yorker!!! How does it feel???
Miss you!
i miss you too!!!
Post a Comment