Thursday, August 25, 2005

Busy in Belton

Bobby and I made it safely back to Austin at 11:15 (only thirty minutes late) Monday night. We then drove back to Belton with his parents, and then he and I went to Jack in the Box for a late night meal because we had not eaten since lunch. What happened to the good old days when airplane food might not always have been wonderful, but it was free, and it was a meal that you could actually enjoy instead of a $3 snack that is nothing but stale crackers and not so good meat?! The next morning I got up early (which was hard to do since I didn't go to bed until about 2 am) so that I could go get my hair cut and get my fake nails taken off. I only cut my hair a little bit - fix the split ends - but it was something I felt needed to be done before leaving for the city. Taking my nails off hurt (I only bled a little) but I decided it needed to be done so that in the middle of class when typing on my laptop (if I end up using the laptop in class) my nails won't be making a ton of noise tapping while the professor is trying to talk. The rest of the day was sadly not very productive. I finished the last Nicholas Sparks book that I have (The Guardian) and rested before going to bed. Yesterday I got to sleep in - yea! - and then Bobby and I went and changed my name on my social security card and my driver's license. I had to sign my new name a few times and it was a little wierd but I could definitely get used to it! I then did laundry which I will hopefully finish this afternoon so that we can begin packing. Now it is time to head off to the bank to change my name there and add him to my account. It's hard to believe that a week from now I will be moving into my apartment in New York City!!!

2 comments:

Elaine said...

So sad about the nails ) : I think though if it's a class where a lot of people use laptops, they wouldn't notice your nails making noise. Just a thought.

I hope the laundry went well and that packing is easy. By the way, whenever I get free time again, I want to borrow your Nicholas Sparks books or at least find out which ones you liked.

Was it sad leaving your car behind?? Is it wierd not having one now?

Anonymous said...

there is nothing wrong with not being productive! i'm very good at that! :)

so i think i may never go to mcalister's again... well at least not until you guys come back. i suppose i could find a new mcalister's buddy, but it wouldn't be the same without you!