Monday, April 01, 2013

Lucky Guy on Broadway

This week Bobby and I had a first, for us, in the city ... we saw a play while it was in Previews. I'm still not sure what "in previews" means, outside of cheaper tickets, but I don't care because the play was awesome.

We saw Nora Ephron's "Lucky Guy" starring Tom Hanks. This was Nora Ephron's last play (she died). And hello - it's Tom Hanks on Broadway! He was AMAZING! And I was in shock the whole time that I was watching Tom Hanks on Broadway! I love living in this city!


In addition to Tom Hanks, there were a lot of other well-known (in my opinion) actors... Maura Tierney (ER), Courtney B. Vance (Law & Order Criminal Intent), Christopher McDonald (Happy Gilmore), and Peter Scolari (Newhart - but if you saw his pic, I think you'd recognize him). Courtney and Maura were also incredible - especially Courtney (who had, in my opinion, the second biggest role).

Plot: From his sensational reporting of New York’s major police corruption to the libel suit that nearly ended his career,Lucky Guy dramatizes the story of tabloid columnist Mike McAlary’s meteoric rise, fall and rise again, ending with his coverage of the Abner Louima case for which he won the Pulitzer Prize, shortly before his untimely death on Christmas Day, 1998.

Seriously, I still can't believe how amazing it was to see this great play written by such an amazing writer (I'm a fan of hers thanks to Sleepless in Seattle and You've Got Mail) and with such an amazing cast! Bobby and I definitely enjoyed it.

Smile: I love experiencing new things with Bobby!

No comments: