Sunday, March 03, 2013

NYC Adventures

There are weeks that it feels like we live in a regular city... that is, except for the fact that we don't have a car, it just feels like an ordinary life and it doesn't really phase us that we live in New York City. And then there are weeks, like the last week or two, that we do a handful of things that make us realize not only do we live in NYC, but it's a great place to live and sometimes there are wonderful opportunities for adventures!


  • We saw two plays within one week. We saw an off-Broadway play, Donnybrook!, and an on-Broadway play, Book of Mormon. For the record, the Book of Mormon tickets were expensive, but it was a wonderful experience and a great play! We're also seeing another play in a month - we are going to see Tom Hanks in Lucky Guy while it's in previews. We've never seen a play in previews before so it should be fun!

  • Last Saturday I got an urge to buy the second volume of the Barnes & Noble Sherlock Holmes series. We bought the first volume years ago and neither one of us have read it, but now that we're addicted to BBC's Sherlock and CBS's Elementary, I have a renewed interest in reading all of the stories. Normally we wouldn't just run out to get it, but it was only 9:00 on a Saturday night, B&N didn't close until 10 and it was just a few blocks away so we went on a little late night walk. This is definitely not something we would have done if we lived somewhere else.

  • One night last week we made a late night trip to Toys 'R Us. My cute niece just got pink glasses and I think it'd be awesome for her to have a doll with glasses. I saw this adorable doll on the Toys 'R Us website so we went on a late night adventure (again, at about 9:00 at night - and on a schoolnight no less) to look for the doll. Sadly, our adventure was not successful. This doll was not in the store. It also cannot be ordered online. I keep calling the store to see if they got it in stock, and my mom keeps calling the stores near her, but we just have not had any luck finding this doll. Sad - but it was still a fun NYC adventure to go shopping that late at night.

Okay, so maybe these aren't grand NYC adventures, but to me, a person who goes to sleep at around 8 or 9 at night, I think these are just my style of adventure! And I'm so glad Bobby was up for going on these adventures with me! 

Smile: Yay for fun NYC adventures!!

Extra Smile: Even though I've only been working with a trainer for a couple weeks, I can already feel a difference. For example, I don't think I would have had the energy for these late night adventures had I not been working out 3-4+ days a week. Yay for getting healthy!

1 comment:

Karen said...

Love the doll!! So cute, and it is the thought that counts!