Monday, February 18, 2013

Personal Training

After months of talking about it with Bobby, we finally decided that I should get a trainer to help me lose weight. I want to be healthy - which means I want to lose weight, have toned arms and legs, etc. - but primarily, I want my knees to feel better (e.g., I don't want to be in as much pain every time I take the stairs). I am frustrated that I wasn't able to lose weight working out on my own, but I'm excited to have help and to work with someone who will know how to help me lose weight in spite of my knees.



I've watched the trainers train other people when I work out and there were a few that I kept thinking "I'd love to work with that person" but they were always busy in the mornings. The last couple weeks one of them had Monday morning free so last week I decided to be brave and I asked her if she had an opening and would like to work with me. I've had two sessions so far and it's wonderful! My abs and arms are sore and it feels great! Today my left knee locked (that's the best way I can describe it) so we might have gone a little too far with my knees today, but the pain isn't unbearable, and I still feel like I had a great workout!

I'm thankful that I found a trainer who will push me, make me work hard, and yet understands that there are some things I'm not able to do because of my knees - but she works around that and isn't frustrated by it. Yay for Equinox gyms and for my wonderful new trainer!

Smile: Obviously I haven't seen any results yet (outside of being sore) but I feel great and these training sessions are already motivating me to eat better and to move more throughout the day!

Extra Smile: Today I woke up early (on my day off) and braved the cold weather (the wind chill was 1 degree) for my training session. My reward? A wonderful mid-morning nap!



No comments: