Saturday, February 09, 2013

Blizzard Nemo

A couple weeks ago, we got some light snow flurries one night and Bobby and I talked about how we were anxious to see some SNOW - not just little flurries, but the real big flakes that pile up and leave snow on the sidewalks and streets.

Well, last night we got our wish. We didn't get as much snow in the city as Bobby and I would have liked, but it was beautiful while it was falling and it still looks beautiful on the buildings.

Friday morning while I was at work the snow was just starting to fall. The building that is hidden from view is the Empire State Building.

Another picture from my office. You can see the snow wasn't really sticking - but it was pretty to see it falling.

This picture is from Friday night at my apartment. The snow was collecting  and it looked beautiful outside.

This picture is from Saturday morning at my apartment. The picture isn't great, but you can see that we got a fair amount of snow (and the Empire State Building is no longer hiding).

Smile: I LOVE snow! I'm thankful the snow came on a Friday night so that the schools and businesses here didn't have to go through another closure day (they lost enough days during Hurricane Sandy).

Extra Smile: At work on Friday I was listening to Christian music (like Third Day - love!) and it was soooo peaceful to listen to that music while watching the beautiful snow falling!

No comments: