Wednesday, August 08, 2012

The October's

Almost a year ago, I read a blog that talked about a new book series called The October's. Although it's for YA (pre-teens), I thought it sounded like a perfect quick read for my commute and it sounded like something Bobby would enjoy, so we bought the series (and then I wrote about it on my book blog here).  Immediately we were hooked on the series and in love with the story! Since then we have been anxiously awaiting the next series that was supposed to come out this year. After stalking the book's website hoping that new information would appear, I decided to email the author and ask if there was still another series in the works.  

To my surprise, he emailed back within 24 hours. Sadly, though, he said that Volume 2 will not be released for a couple more years as the authors have full time jobs and haven't been able to devote as much time to writing. He also mentioned they have other series that will be coming out in the next year or so and you better believe I will be buying those books!

I don't know what it is, but there was something about the fact that he emailed a nice and speedy reply that was professional and fun (he signed off with "Never Stop Trick-or-Treating" - I guess you need to read the books) that makes me want to support this series and them as authors even more! 

So, if you know someone that enjoys YA (young-adult) fantasy books, PLEASE tell them to buy THE OCTOBERS series! 

No comments: