On Friday we met, had breakfast at Starbucks, and took the Staten Island Ferry to see the Statue of Liberty (well, to go by the statue). As luck would have it, our ferry happened to be going by just as canons were shooting off Liberty Island, the large boats in the harbor circled the island and honked their horns for a long time, and the fireboats sprayed huge arcs of water - which made beautiful rainbows. All I had on me was my iphone so these pictures aren't great, but it was beautiful!!
| The fireboats spraying water |
| The beautiful Statue of Liberty |
After the ferry, we walked around Bryant Park for awhile. Then we took the subway to Grand Central Terminal, grabbed a little bite, and walked around for a little bit. Then we walked back to our home/hotel where we changed and got ready for the evening.
Mary took Bobby and I out to dinner at our Italian restaurant, Il Violino, and then took us to see "How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying" with Daniel Radcliffe and John Laroquette. It was amazing!!!
On Saturday we braved the weather to take Mary to JFK (so she could meet with her travel group and catch her flight to China). It was an adventure and I was happy when I was watching the beautiful snow from home instead of from the slushy sidewalk. Sadly I do not have pictures of the snow because the pictures of it snowing didn't turn out and we only got a few inches so it was hard to see in pictures. Trust me, it was beautiful!
We had a wonderful time with Mary and are excited for her to come back.... and we're ready to hang out with anyone else that wants to come visit! :)
1 comment:
I'm glad Aunt Mary got to visit. I really miss you and wish we could. It will be awhile though.
Post a Comment