Thursday, June 16, 2011

Two Weeks!!!

I cannot believe it... the words don't even seem real... in two weeks I will have completed my oral defense of my dissertation! And in a month I will have deposited my dissertation! In other words, I am practically done with my PhD! Scary!!

For those who don't know, the oral defense is where I present my recent research to my committee (four of my professors). They ask me questions about it, we all discuss it, and then they decide if I pass or fail. This occurs, for me, on June 29th.

Then what? After the oral defense, I have two weeks to get my dissertation (the actual paper) approved by the format checker for the College of Education and approved by the overall Graduate College. Once they approve and give me the go ahead (and assuming I pass my oral defense), I deposit my dissertation with the Graduate College and say good-bye to it. This occurs on July 15.

What will happen after July 15???? At this point, your guess is as good as mine! Hopefully I will know more in a few weeks or in a month, but for now, I'm trying to focus on graduation and I am hoping that life's details work themselves out! :)

Smile: What is almost more exciting than me finishing??? This movie comes out in one month! Hopefully I will get to go home to Texas to watch it with Bobby (in case you didn't know, the second movie was our first date, so watching these movies together in the theater is a tradition that I think should definitely be kept - especially since it is the last movie and it is almost our 6th anniversary!).

No comments: