I had an absolutely wonderful time at this internship and was very honored to have had the privilege!
I left Friday for Columbus, Ohio and stayed with Bob and Anna (who were there for Bob's high school reunion) at Uncle Tracy's house (Bobby's uncle). It was an absolutely beautiful drive through Pennsylvania and West Virginia!! Then I drove to St. Louis to see my dad and Wendy (an okay drive) and he surprised me and flew Bobby up to St. Louis so I got to see him earlier than I expected and I got to have an absolutely wonderful travel buddy for my long Sunday drive home (13 hours). Sunday night we were able to eat dinner with Brian and Elaine at Uncle Julio's in Dallas and although the power went out, it was a good meal and it was awesome catching up with great friends!!
Now the reality of school starting soon (in a few weeks) is really starting to hit. I got an email from one of my professor's with a list of things to read before classes start and then I looked up my textbooks and learned they will cost about $450!!! Since I've started at U of I, I haven't had to pay that much for books! Ridiculous!!!
Smile: Yay for two weeks with my hubby!!
Frown: Boo for the aforementioned price of books! They're the cost of a plane flight home so I can definitely think of something I'd rather spend that money on!!
No comments:
Post a Comment