This past weekend my sister and her new husband went to see my dad and Wendy in St. Louis. Then the decided to stop and see me and stay for a night on Monday on their way back home to Escanaba. I was looking forward to seeing them and spending time with them!
Well, as a little back story, when I got back to my apartment Sunday night, well, let's just say it was much much much dirtier than I expected! I realize I was gone for three months, but it was ridiculous! I got home late Sunday night, so I didn't have time to do too much cleaning, so I woke up Monday morning and tried to clean everything before my guests arrived.
And I thought I had succeeded.
However, I failed!
When Karen and Cody arrived, we went to campus to eat some yummy Chick-Fil-A, bought my textbooks, saw my office, and then ventured to Meijer so I could get some items to fill my fridge and pantry. Then we returned to my apartment and shortly thereafter I saw some more "spots" - the night before I thought it was just dust and I thought I had gotten all of it, but I showed it to Karen and Cody and we all decided it looked more like mold. Yuck!! Karen then cleaned cupboards, cabinets, items in the cabinets, items in my closet (including LOTS of shoes - a couple pairs of Reefs, my old Birkenstocks!), my old desk, and some other items!! I helped a little, but Karen did most of the cleaning and sorting! She was a definite lifesaver!!!! I don't know what I would have done if she hadn't been here to help me clean everything!
She also helped me clean out my closet (Goodwill will soon get a bunch of stuff from me!) and she helped me rearrange my spare bedroom so it looks more like an official office. Again, she was wonderful!!!
Karen did get a few items out of the visit - she was able to take some things from my closet (items I don't wear but feel too guilty to get rid of) and she took my scrapbook stuff (now that my wedding book is pretty much done) so she can make her own book. I don't think it made up for all the cleaning she did, but I'm happy I could help her!
We did enjoy our evening - we went to Olive Garden for dinner (yummy!!) and we went to see a movie ... well, two movies... Karen saw "The Kids are Alright" and Cody and I saw "Despicable Me" - which was adorable!!!
I'm still not 100% sure if it was mold or what it was (it definitely was something more than dust!) but I'm definitely 100% glad that Karen and Cody stopped by for a visit - hopefully they aren't regretting it!! :)
Smile: Yay for an amazing sister who is willing to help me clean my apartment while she's on "vacation"!
Frown: Boo for having nightmares last night about mold! Seriously! My dreams were filled with me opening cupboards and seeing mold everywhere (it was worse in my dreams than what it had been in reality)! Hopefully I will sleep well tonight!!
No comments:
Post a Comment