Friday, July 02, 2010

The Twilight Day

What a week! This is the halfway point of the internship, but, since the last week of the internship is basically just giving presentations, in some respects, we're over halfway through with our work. This is scary! Some of us feel like we're just starting to understand our projects and we're supposed to be nearing the point of wrapping things up and that's just a lot of pressure!

Also, we're no longer in the honeymoon phase of the internship (where everything is new and exciting) and a lot of us are starting to get homesick - we're missing people from back home, significant others, friends, family, and just the routines of our homelife.

Due to all these emotions and feelings, some of us had breakdowns this week and I won't name names, but, by Thursday night, some of us were just drained! Without consulting one another on it, five of us girls showed up today for work in jeans and comfortable shirts - I think it was secretly our way of feeling comfortable and bring a little bit of our home routine here with us (note: we're allowed to wear jeans at ETS, we just don't because we want to look nice but today that was thrown out the window for comfort!).

Yoo Ree, Stephanie, Svenja, Nele, and I in our jeans (I did wear nicer shoes at work, don't worry)


Thankfully it's a three-day weekend, and thankfully today we got off work at 2 (ETS has Friday summer hours) so that was very nice. A group of us decided to go to Twilight: Eclipse in IMAX and that was a very nice treat!

Andy saw The Last Airbender in 3-D - he didn't care to watch Twilight - so he was trying on the glasses.


Nele also wanted to try them on.


Nele and Tara with their movie grub.


Svenja and Carina


Stephanie, Yoo Ree, and Ting


Nele is Team Edward


Ting is Team Jacob



The ladies together



After the movie, Nele and her family and I went to Chevy's for some Mexican food and then we parted ways so that we could have relaxing evenings in preparation for our busy weekend away.

The movie was good (I haven't read the books so I'm not a good judge) but the company was even better!!!

Smile: Yay for a weekend away - hopefully it will help us all! And hopefully Philly and DC won't be too crowded for the holiday weekend.

Frown: My progress on my papers is slowing down and deadlines are looming. Hopefully I can find some time to be productive this weekend and next week!!

No comments: