Tuesday, February 09, 2010

The Winter Wonderland

Last Friday it snowed most of the day and we ended up getting an inch or so of snow. It was beautiful!

Just a little bit of snow on the bushes in front of the Stats building.

By Saturday morning there was a nice pile of snow at my front door
(this is what happens when your door faces West and all the snow blows at your door).

By Sunday, however, a lot of the snow had melted and the snow that was left was starting to look gross.

Starting Monday afternoon, though, the snow returned, and it returned in full force! When I woke up this morning we had about four inches of snow on the ground! We're supposed to get another 2 to 4 inches of snow today and then another 1 to 3 inches tonight!! I'm soooo excited! Although the local public schools (all of them!) are closed, good ol' UIUC is not (I don't have classes today anyway, but I am holding office hours all day since I'm giving a test tomorrow), and sadly there are no windows in my office ... so I just walk down to Melissa's office every hour or so and look out her window! :)

In honor of this fabulous snow, here are some things I LOVE about snow:
  • I LOVE fresh, new snow! I love that when I wake up and leave my apartment at oh-dark-hundred that I get to trod on the fresh, pearly and sparkly white snow!
(Not sure why it looks like my doorbell is on fire.)

  • I LOVE how clean and pretty all of the buildings and trees look when they're covered in snow!


  • I LOVE wearing boots and making a new path down the unshoveled sidewalk. So fun!!
  • Most of all, I just LOVE how peaceful it is!!



Smile: Yay for finally getting some snow here - I've been wanting to see a real snowy day for awhile now!

Frown: I wish my wonderful husband was here to celebrate this snowy day with me! Hopefully one day we'll get to spend snow days together!

No comments: