Monday, August 31, 2009

Weekend in Texas

A couple weeks ago I headed to Texas so that I could spend a nice four day weekend with Bobby!

I knew I would be getting in late Thursday night so Bobby and I decided to spend Thursday and Friday night in Austin. It was wonderful! We slept in on Friday, then we went to Macaroni Grill for lunch, did some light shopping (including buying a Nicholas Sparks book at Barnes and Noble!), and then returned to the hotel to shower and change for our super delicious dinner at Trulucks. It was amazing! We shared a crabcake appetizer that was incredible! Then Bobby got a delicious halibut and I had a fabulous and HUGE grilled crab leg!! I was full, but we still decided to order a delicious chocolate cake and a carrot cake - we ate part of them at the restaurant but took the rest home to eat later, just in case you were wondering.


On Saturday we did some more light shopping (aka walked around Barton Creek) before heading up to Belton. We then spent the afternoon with Bobby's mom, Ted, and Patrick.

On Sunday we met Anna's (Bobby's stepmom) sister, Katrin, and her husband Peter and their kids Florian and Lucas (sorry, I probably butchered their names!). They live in Germany and are in town for a couple weeks and I'm so glad I got to meet them! Florian (the older brother) immediately was social and talked to us. Lucas did not want to have anything to do with us at first, but by Sunday night he was starting to like us.

On Monday Anna had a bunch of her family and friends over for lunch so Bobby and I of course went back over to say hi and play. On Monday Lucas first went into shy mode, but after playing with Bobby a little, well, I think we quickly all became friends (despite the language barrier)!

Lucas and Florian


Lucas ate lunch with Anna and a couple of Anna's friends.


Lucas hiding in the couches and Florian smiling from behind.










Lucas and I were taking pictures of each other. He was fascinated with seeing the picture on the screen immediately after it was taken!


Lucas and his mom with Anna behind Lucas.


Lucas and his dad.




Smile: Yay for getting to spend a weekend with family!!!

1 comment:

Julie Isom said...

Glad you had fun! The photo of you and Bobby is really cute!