The Bad: All of my classes this semester (the two I'm taking and the one I'm teaching) are 3 to 6 blocks away from my office. I'm sure this is normal to those of you that went to big schools, but my undergrad was small and up til now my classes at U of I have all been relatively close to my office.
The Good: With at least two (to class and back) 10 to 20 minute walks per day I am definitely getting a workout this semester!
The Bad: My days are long. I start every day with an 8 am class (teaching MWF, classes on TR) and I also have meetings or a class in the afternoons so it makes for a long day.
The Good: In an effort to break up my day I am now working out during my lunch breaks! (Do I technically get lunch breaks as a student?) I love it!! I paid for a locker for the year (only $60!) so I can work out and swim (yay!!!) to my heart's delight and then shower and get clean before heading off to class.
The Bad: I can no longer use the internet on my laptop at my apartment. (I didn't unplug the internet from my laptop fast enough during a storm one day and it fried that part of my laptop.)
The Good: Thankfully I still have my old laptop and the internet works on it (the only problem is the laptop only works while plugged in and it's fairly slow - this is why I haven't updated in awhile, sorry!).
The Bad: I failed my PhD Qualification Exam so I am no longer going to be able to get my PhD in Statistics from U of I.
The Good: I am trying to transfer to the PhD Educational Psychology program at U of I. If I'm able to transfer programs I will be able to keep my same advisers and continue with the research I was working on last year. Outside of a program change on the diploma, the main difference is that the Educational Psychology program is more of an applied statistics degree instead of a theoretical statistics degree (which is right up my alley!!!). I really think this degree will suit me and my career goals better than a pure Stats degree so hopefully it will work out for me to transfer (and I should still only have 2 or 3 more years of school). This summer I did get my MS in Statistics, so don't worry, these past two years haven't been a waste! :)
The Bad: I miss Bobby!
The Good: He is coming to visit me in a month!! :)
Smile: Sleepless in Seattle is on right now! I love this movie!!!
Frown: I'm weighing in tomorrow. It has been a LONG time since I've weighed in so tomorrow I'm weighing in just to see where I stand. I'm getting back on the band wagon with WeightWatchers so tomorrow's weigh-in should be good motivation and hopefully this will be a good weight-loss semester! :)
1 comment:
I'm sorry that you didn't pass the test, but just remember that when God closes a door, He opens a window and you just have to find it. Sounds like you may already have!
- Bobby's counsin, Jennifer
Post a Comment