1. I know that this is where I need to be and I know that Bobby enjoys his job in Texas, but this living apart thing is not easy at all! (How do all those army wives do it?!) I know his job is now more time consuming and I just feel bad that I'm not there to help him with groceries, to help him relax, to help around the apartment. Well, really, I just want to be there with him! I miss him a whole lot!

2. I'm currently teaching what is probably the hardest unit of the semester. I don't like this unit and I know that without meaning to, my dislike is rubbing off on my students. I'm preparing the test that I'll give them next week and I'm just nervous! I love teaching, don't get me wrong, but I just feel like I'm doing a horrible job this week and I feel like I did an awful job last week and I am just upset with myself for not doing better.

3. As much as I try not to think about it, August's test is constantly hanging over my head. I haven't had a ton of time this semester to study for the test (which is frustrating) so instead I'm now focused on clearing off my to do list so that this summer I can solely concentrate on the test! For example, I'm hoping to have all my summer tests written and everything before this semester ends (wish me luck!). Hopefully this will help!
4. I'm enjoying my research and I like my advisors, but I feel frustrated that I can't devote more time to research. And, back to #4, I feel guilty devoting time to research because I feel like I should be using that time to study for my test and I don't want to get too far into my research because I don't know what will happen with it if I don't pass the test. Perhaps this is why they don't recommend starting research until after you pass the test!
5. I have been in a weight-loss drought! I'm letting life get to me and I'm forgetting to take care of myself! Well this week, after a fabulous conversation with Bobby last week (I mean this seriously), I decided I was fed up with not feeling good about myself so I did my best to get back into the swing of things this week! The result? I lost one pound!! No, it's not a lot, but at least it's something!

Side note: As much as I'm trying to take care of myself and let myself relax, I think there's still a huge part of me that feels guilty whenever I'm not studying or doing homework or preparing lessons! I don't want to be this type of person! I want to enjoy life and I want to relax guilt free!
Any suggestions?!?!?!?!
6. I finished putting our wedding photos in the beautiful red photo album that Jacqueline got us as a wedding gift!
7. On my way to class yesterday morning, I was carrying a box of papers (practice exams to give to my students) and my coffee so I did not see a hole that is in the road. Granted, I walk this way just about every day and I know the hole is there, but this morning I totally forgot about it and I stepped right into it! And then I tripped when my foot didn't come out of the hole easily! Yup! I fell right on my knees in the middle of the road! Thankfully, the papers stayed in the box and didn't go flying! And, let me just tell you, the coffee travel mug (that Karen got me last year for Christmas) is a champ! It fell a little, but I didn't lose any coffee in the process!!!
Smile: My mom is coming to see me today (she'll be here until Monday)! Perhaps a weekend with my mom is just what the doctor ordered!!
Extra Smile: It's Master's weekend! Guess what I'll be watching on my laptop all day (well, starting at 11 am) today and on TV this weekend! Yup, my mom and I will be relaxing in front of my TV! :)
2 comments:
WOW!! Good job with the wedding pictures!!! I love the idea of getting all the pics into baggies for easy scrapbooking! I might have to borrow that one...
ha i just laughed out loud at the idea of you tripping in the middle of campus. and yay for masters weekend!
Post a Comment