Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Happy Birthday Elaine!!

Elaine and I met at the end of freshman year and by sophomore year we were hanging out constantly!! Even though we did not attend the same colleges and we still do not live in the same town, we have managed to maintain our "redhead bubble" and remain good friends!

Some fun times Elaine and I have shared:
  • Ski trips and beach camps and mission trips - which involved late night card games, helping me ski without running into too many signs, and singing Avalon songs before our concerts began.
  • A trip to DC to celebrate graduating high school! Sooo many fun memories from that week - like learning what were the real Lincoln and Washington monuments and memorials! And racing back to the hotel room to eat the yummy food before the moms!
  • Being in each other's weddings! I went from third wheel to Matron of Honor - it was definitely an honor to be a part of the relationship from the beginning!!
  • Visiting each other at college! Elaine (and Brian) helped me change a tire at 1 am in the middle of nowhere between Waco and Belton! What good friends!
  • Scrapbooking for hours on end!! Too bad we're not scrapbooking our weddings together!
  • We were there for each other when our relationships with Brian and Bobby began! And now look at us! Two happily married redheads!!
  • Elaine even offered to caddy for me in Wichita Falls one summer! I don't think she knew what she was getting into but I very much appreciated her being there!!
  • Studying for high school calculus tests with a bag of carrots and some ranch dressing - and sometimes (okay, once) being interrupted by a crazy storm and the fence blowing over!
Happy Birthday, Elaine!!! I miss you terribly and I'm sorry I'm not there to celebrate with you today!! Have a terrific and wonderful day!!!

1 comment:

Elaine said...

Aw thank you!! Hopefully we'll get to see each other this summer! I miss you too!!