Saturday, March 07, 2009

Dried Flowers

When my beautiful V-day flowers from Bobby began dying, I decided to try drying them so that I could keep them forever.

First I laid out all the flowers on my table.




Then I cut some yarn and tied a stem to each end of the flower. I then hung all the strands of flowers on the closet doors in my spare bedroom.




After a couple weeks of hanging, I took down all the strands and untied the yarn from all the stems. I put some clear marbles in the bottom of the vase and then put in most of the dried flowers.


I'll be the first to admit that I'm not uber creative and I'm not the best at arranging flowers, but what do you think? Did I do okay? I'm now wondering if I should have bought colored (perhaps light blue to look like water) marbles or if I should have at least bought more??


Smile: Yay for good movies on TV for my weekend of relaxing (a.k.a "The weekend I kick this cold for good!")

Extra Smile: Yay for finding thick crust California Pizza Kitchen BBQ Chicken frozen pizzas at the grocery store yesterday!!! Yum Yum!!!

Frown: I haven't been able to find good apples in awhile! To be honest, a lot of the fruit and veggies haven't been good lately! I cannot wait until everything is back in season!!!

2 comments:

Adventures in Newlywed said...

I think they look beautiful!

Mary Q Contrarie said...

nice way to keep those flowers. I am looking for other methods on how to dry flowers. I think that it could be a great fundraiser for a non-profit after valentines day to collect all those flowers and make arrangements then sell them at fall and early winter craft bazaars...