Thursday, December 11, 2008

My Hair

I've always wished I was the type of girl that could leave her hair down all day. The problem is I just can't stand hair in my face! I still remember getting my hair cut once (while in high school? living in Plano) and as soon as my hair was cut and styled, I got out of the chair, walked to the lobby (I think my mom or Karen was next?) and put my hair up! I think my mom was embarrassed!

Anyway, lately my problem has been that it is sooooo stinkin' dry here that my hair has way too much static!! I'm trying to leave it down all day (or at least all day while I'm at school), but when it clings to my face, what am I supposed to do? Also, I don't know if it's a result of the dryness or what it is, but my hair has lost its volume - it's like it feels a lot thinner than it used to be (I like to blame it on the dryness because there's no way my hair is thinning, right?!) and I don't like it!

Perhaps it's just the silly weather (snow one day, ice the next, then rain the next) here in Illinois! Perhaps my hair just misses Texas! :)

Any one have any ideas? Suggestions? Anything???

Smile: Today is our Stats department Holiday Potluck.

Extra Smile: No more classes for this semester!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Try a cheap cool air humidifier in your apartment. I think Walmart has them for around $20. You'll have to put water in it every few days but it cuts down on the static. Also, for your hair, get a spray bottle put in 1 part conditioner and 3 parts water in it. Spray it on dry hair and leave it. No need to wash it out. Sometimes that helps too!
Jennifer (Bobby's cousin)

Karen said...

I know you haven't had a hair dryer, but if I dry my hair upside down it has a lot more volume