Monday, December 08, 2008

Ice, Ice, Go Away...

...and don't bother coming back another day!

While walking to the bus this morning, I was greeted with some oh so wonderful freezing rain! Thankfully it did wait until I got on the bus so my walk to the bus wasn't too bad. However, getting off the bus was not as pleasant!

One of the campus bookstores is on a corner and at the corner is an oh so wonderful brick walkway. (Can you hear the sarcasm?) This brick is very slick on a regular wet and rainy day so you can just imagine what it's like on an icy day! Well, this is where I get to get off the bus! Thankfully (and miraculously) I managed to make it to the corner without falling - though I did have about ten near encounters!

After class the sidewalks were still pretty slick in spots, not everywhere, but definitely still slick enough to make walking dangerous... much less riding a bike!! That's right! I saw students riding their bikes to class! Are they crazy? I saw one kid wipe out (and it looked like it hurt!!) and then get back on his bike again! Definitely crazy!

Frown: It's supposed to rain more tonight. What do you think the roads will be like tomorrow after it's in the thirties all night?

Smile: I am almost done making all the copies of my final exam! Yay for getting stuff done ahead of schedule!!

No comments: