Sunday, November 02, 2008

Weight Loss Update

Even though I've pretty much been at this current weight for the last few months, it's almost like I'm still not used to myself. I've been struggling a lot lately with what to wear, what looks good on me, etc. So even though I probably should be buying clothes (or else I get to survive the winter with one pair of jeans, a pair of khakis, and a pair of black pants), I go to the mall and I just can't seem to buy anything! It's like when I look in a mirror I know that I'm not the size I was a year ago, and yet I still think I am, which translates into a definite wardrobe confusion!!

Today I went to Maurice's to look around, take a study break, and, hopefully, find some clothes. As I began my search around the wonderful store, a nice lady who works there decided to come tell me about their current sales. "All of our casual wear is buy one get one half of, even for sizes 16 to 24 in that section over there." Yes, this store does have a designated section for plus sizes, but no, I was not walking in it, and no, I am not a plus size! I honestly felt a little taken aback! Here I am just starting to think of myself as thinner and someone decides to tell me about the sale in the plus size section! Yikes!!

These are the minor details of losing weight that no one talks about - or at least I haven't heard any one talk about them!

Smile: I will be in Texas in less than 3 weeks!!!

Frown: I feel like this semester was moving at a tortoise's pace and all of the sudden it's moving moving at a hare's pace - there is a lot to get done in these next few weeks!!

No comments: