Saturday, August 23, 2008

Yummy!

Lately, I've been on a constant hunt for things that I can bring to school with me to eat throughout the day. The catch? I have no fridge space so whatever I bring, it needs to be able to sit in my desk. Also, I'm really trying to stay away from items with too much sugar in them. When Bobby came, he gave me a cookbook from Elie Krieger (my favorite Food Network chef). So I looked through the book and found a fabulous recipe for Carrot Cake Cupcakes!


I don't know the official difference between cupcakes and muffins, but since I don't frost these "cupcakes", perhaps I should call them Carrot Cake muffins. Whatever they're called, they're delicious! Now that I'm teaching at 8, I have to catch a 6:30 bus so I'll be eating breakfast at 5:30 or 6 so I will definitely need a second breakfast after my class and I think these will be perfect!!

If any one has any other ideas for what I can eat during the day, I'm all ears! I will be at school from like 7 or 8 until 4 or 5 everyday, so a few mini meals are my preference! Currently, the rest of my day of eating consists of a Salad (with chicken and veggies) and an apple. I'm also thinking I will start eating some soup a couple hours after the salad in order to keep me from getting too hungry before dinner.

The next challenge? I need to find a lunch bag which will hold my salad container, my apple, my muffin (which I put in a little container), my water bottle, and another bottle (I usually bring some iced tea to drink in the afternoons when I'm done with coffee). I've been using a sturdy plastic bag (that I got when I bought my textbooks), but I'm hoping that one day I'll run across a perfect bag to hold my drinks and food items.

Smile: I'm loving the freedom I now have (post-qual) and I'm loving the fact that things are finally getting crossed off the to-do list! What a great feeling!!!

Frown: My wedding scrapbook is definitely not progressing as I had originally planned! I think it's because I'm having trouble coming to terms with taping and cropping the photos! I have two or three copies of most of the pictures, and I've already put several in a photo album, but I just can't bring myself to complete the book! Also, scrapbooking is not as much fun when you're alone, at least not for me! Any one want to come visit me??? :)

3 comments:

Elaine said...

those muffins look good! And I want to come visit sometime...and maybe we can both work on wedding scrapbooks together someday! I am way way way behind.

Karen said...

side note: muffins are different then cupcakes because of the consistency of the batter. Muffin batter should be lumpy and cupcake batter should be smooth.

Karen said...

no if the recipie is called "muffin" then it is meant to be left lumpy and if it is called "cupcake" it is meant to be left smooth. So since these are supposed to be carrot cake cupcakes making the batter smooth is good!