Sunday, July 06, 2008

Stats Gathering

On Saturday, my friend Nathan invited us, his fellow stats buddies, over to his place for dinner so that we could meet his girlfriend. I was in charge of bringing dessert. So, like any good baker, I went to the grocery store and bought a couple boxes of Duncan Hines brownie mixes. They were a hit! So a double yay for yesterday: Yay for making brownies and yay for being social! I don't mean to brag, but I'm quite proud of myself!!

This is Nathan and his girlfriend Elizabeth. They met online! Perhaps one day they'll be in one of those "success story" commercials.


After eating some delicious hamburgers and sides, Nathan broke out the Guitar Hero. "Clara" and her roommate Gloria tried, but most of the rest of us were content to watch.

Doesn't Clara (above) look like a real guitarist?!


After a few rounds of Guitar Hero, we opted for something more people could play so Nathan loaded Mario Kart!!! We all took turns playing and it was definitely a hilarious end to the evening! I loved Mario Kart on old school Nintendo and I definitely love it on Wii, too!!


Smile: Summer school is halfway over! I'm definitely enjoying teaching it - I'm just not liking the fact that it's taking my time away from studying!

Frown: I had fun last night, don't get me wrong, but I wish Bobby had been here! I definitely think I'm better at social gatherings with him than without him!!

No comments: