For today's weigh-in I was hoping for 0.6 pounds - my dad was here this week so I ate some yummy (and not so healthy) meals and all I wanted was to get to a total of 30 pounds lost, so I was hopeful my goal of 0.6 would be met. So I got on the scale, hesitant to look, and the woman said "Wow! You passed your goal of 0.6!" So I looked and saw I had lost not 0.6, but 3 pounds!!! I've now lost 32 pounds and I am more than halfway to my final goal!! What a wonderful way to start summer break!!
My dad and I had a great time for the couple days he was here. We played a round of golf on the U of I course (he played, I walked) on Tuesday and then we took Erin out to dinner (we had a bad test Tuesday morning so Erin and I were in need of a good dinner). We decided to try a place called The Ribeye. We got into the parking lot and noticed there was a large group of seniors there. Then we walked inside and realized that we were definitely the youngest people there! That's when Erin noticed that the menu read "Tuesday night is Seniors night"! The food was pretty good - there was a yummy salad bar and we each splurged and had a delicious dessert!
In a little under three hours I will be taking my last final of the semester. Erin and I are doing everything we can think of to procrastinate studying for this final! Our cheat sheets are written (we get two 8.5" x 11" sheets of paper, we can write on both sides) and now we're just anxiously awaiting being done!! Then I'm headed home to do a thorough cleaning of the apartment (what is it about leaving for two weeks that makes me want to clean???) . Tomorrow will be spent packing for my trip to Texas. Usually packing doesn't take me that long, however, I expect I will be trying on clothes for most of the day as there are clothes I haven't been able to wear in awhile that I think may now fit!!! :) I'm definitely looking forward to bring clothes out from the back of my closet!!
Smile: I'll be in Texas in less than 48 hours!!! (Yay for a Champaign to Dallas flight at 6:30 am!)
Extra Smile: I managed to stay awake for the test I gave last Friday night at 7 pm (thanks to a venti frappuccino) and I had them graded by noon the next day (thanks to the help of my wonderful TA Dmitri who came and graded for an hour). I don't mean to brag or anything, but I think that is quite impressive!! :)
Frown: I strongly dislike waiting for my grades to be posted - it's almost more nerve wracking than preparing for the exam in the first place!!!
2 comments:
Wow!! Thats a great way to start the summer! I'm excited for you that you're done and heading to Texas!! YAY!!
Yeah!! Congratulations!! How exciting! And now you get to go to Texas!! I hope you have a blast!
Post a Comment