Yesterday while eating lunch with Erin I accidentally said I was waking up at 4:30 today instead of 6:30. So when I suddenly woke up at 4:30 this morning, I was incredibly confused! Did my body know I had made a mistake in our conversation yesterday and thus thought it would be funny for me to wake up early? And why was the bed shaking? Was the wind really that strong (remember, it's early, I don't think straight when I first wake up, so the wind moving my bed didn't make sense, but I did wonder)? Was it an earthquake? Surely not, for I don't live on the west coast. Were my upstairs neighbors having a party? I checked the TV and the weather channel didn't mention anything and I did hear my neighbors walking around so I fell back asleep believing they were just having a late night party.
Then I woke up at 6:45 and when I turned on the news I discovered that at 4:37 this morning, our area had a 5.4 earthquake! An earthquake in Illinois?!! It was a comfort to realize that I wasn't dreaming or imagining my bed shaking (and a comfort to know it wasn't wind). In addition to being shocked that this area has earthquakes, I am also quite shocked I woke up! I usually sleep through anything!! It was definitely a crazy morning!!
Smile: I thoroughly enjoyed my time with Bobby and I definitely ate what I wanted and didn't count points so I was a little worried going into weigh-in this week, but, to my great relief, I didn't gain any weight! I didn't lose any either, but at least I didn't gain any!!!
Frown: Finals are quickly approaching and I'm definitely not ready!! Yikes!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment