Saturday, March 01, 2008

Me + Ice = No Good

I've been secretly congratulating myself on surviving a winter in Champaign without having any injuries... and then I decided to go pay rent today. On my way to the main office I stopped to check my mail and lo and behold I had a box - I'm teaching stats online this summer so I needed new textbooks. So I took my box and proceeded to the office. Now, let me preface this by saying it's almost 40 degrees outside so most of the thin patches of ice are now puddles, however, most doesn't mean all. I walked on what I was almost certain was a puddle and quickly found out, as I was falling, that it was in fact black ice! I fell nice and hard on my right side. I wouldn't be surprised if I get a bruise on my upper right thigh to go along with the patch of broken skin to the side of my right elbow. So much for surviving a winter injury free!

Smile: I get to see friends and family in a week at Elaine's wedding!! Definitely can't wait!
Extra Smile: I get to see Bobby Saturday night!!!! Then I get to see him a week later for a whole week - yay for Spring Break!!! And then, I get to spend over two whole weeks with him in May - I have a break between spring and summer semesters!!! And one of those weeks we'll be in San Antonio - he has a conference so he'll have to work but at least we'll be together!!!!

Frown: Typing my notes it taking longer than expected - perhaps I shouldn't have waited until I was two weeks behind. Oh well, at least it's a form of procrastination from studying!

No comments: