Monday, January 28, 2008

Is it Strange....

  • that I have become addicted to coffee even though I only started drinking it a few months ago? I look forward to the one or two cups I drink each morning! I'm currently working towards drinking it black so that I can be a little healthier - I've already cut out the sugar and now I just put in a little bit of milk.
  • that I got sick of looking at my professors notes online so I submitted the 300+ pages of notes to Kinko's to have them professionally printed (and three-hole punched)? Let me just say, though, that I love these notes now and they look so good in my binder - and they were done with 24 hours (actually, within 3 hours, I just couldn't get them until the next day).
  • that I'm a little jealous of a classmate of mine that is teaching a STAT 100 course with almost 200 students? I love teaching to my class of 72 (well, only about 60 or 65 show up) and am definitely ready for more. Perhaps next year!
  • that I'm already worried about the qualifying exam I have to take next August (passing it means I'll officially be a PhD student). I just keep telling myself that first I have to do well in these classes, then I can focus on the test over the summer!

Don't worry, I haven't forgotten that I drastically need to update and post pictures from Christmas and all the holiday events. Hopefully within the next week or so I'll have time to do this.

Smile: Even though I get to see Bobby in a little over a month at Elaine's wedding (which yay, is only a little over a month away!!!), we decided we couldn't wait that long so I get to go see him in a couple weeks!!!! I was definitely spoiled seeing him for a month over Christmas and cannot wait to spend the weekend with him. I'm not really into Valentine's Day, but this year I definitely am!!!

Frown: Happy Valentine's Day to me - I have a test at 9 am! I guess I should be glad I don't have two that day, instead the prof's scheduled them a week apart!

Story from the Bus: The other morning two guys got on and sat behind me. At first I thought one of the guys (we'll call him guy A) didn't like the other guy (guy B), but later I realized I was wrong. So guy A is from somewhere foreign, his accent sounded Latino, and guy B is also from somewhere foreign, but definitely somewhere different (he didn't talk as much, but I'm thinking African). So their conversation consists of the following:

A: "Did you do your homework?"

B: "What?"

A: "Did you do your homework?"

B: "What?"

A: "Did you your homework?"

B: "Oh, no, not yet. Did you?"

A: "Yes, but not all of it."

B: "What?"

A: "Yes, but not all of it."

B: "What?"

No kidding! I was dying laughing!!! The two were trying to carry on a regular conversation, but they both had such thick accents that they couldn't understand one another!!! It definitely made my morning!!!

No comments: