Tuesday, June 20, 2006

U.S. Open

This past weekend Bobby and I went to the U.S. Open (thanks to tickets from my parents). We went Friday and sat on the par 3 tenth for a little while before following some people and then leaving. On Saturday it was nicely overcast (didn't have to worry about being sunburnt) so we sat on the par 3 seventh and watched most every one play through - we left before the huge crowds came for the big names. On Sunday it was not so much cloudy, instead it was unbearably hot (it probably wouldn't have been as bad had we been living in Texas and been used to the weather, but instead it has been cool here - 70s - so 94 was HOT). We sat for a couple hours on the fifth hole, but then the shade left us, so we left the tournament. We saw who we wanted to see and saw the rest at home on the television! A bonus of the weekend is that for one of our trips up to Mamaroneck (a thirty minute train ride) the conductor never came by to punch our tickets so we got a free ride which was great because we were going to be one ride short on Sunday (it was a ten trip ticket)!! Also, although the food and water was expensive ($2.50 for a bottle of water!) the cheeseburgers and chicken sandwiches were delicious!

The other reason we left early every day (besides the fear of getting sunburnt - even though we did bring sunblock in) was I have a rather large geometry take home final that I have a week to complete, then I have an in class final Thursday night in geometry, and a final next Tuesday in my Psych Measure class. I also have two meetings this week for my research projects and I don't know if I'm fully prepared for them (I don't know if I know enough about research to be prepared) but I've done what I can and hopefully that will be enough! To top it all off, the only class is taking the midterm this week so students that haven't done anything yet all summer are not reviewing all their homework grades and all the notes and emailing me their questions. In summation - it has been one nice and crazy week and it will be all over soon.

Smile: I have figured out how to prove all thirteen theorems on the take home final!

Frown: I have to find the time to nicely write out all thirteen proofs! :)

No comments: