Monday, April 24, 2006

Quick Update

I don't have anything to report, but I figured I'd write an update while I'm eating some soup and taking a study break.

I worked like mad on those history essays last week. I got all my essays down from 12 pages to 3 to 6 pages - now I'd like them to be 1 to 2 pages so I need to go back through and take out the information I know I won't remember (like Arab names I don't want to remember how to spell).

I had wonderful intentions to finish the essays (and the rest of my homework) this weekend so I can be done with homework and concentrate only on studying (finals start a week from Wednesday). However, my body had other plans. Thursday night my throat was super sore and I was drinking so much water that I had to go to the restroom every hour! Needless to say, I didn't get much sleep that night. Then I woke up Friday feeling even worse - I felt so awful I cancelled my three tutoring sessions I had for the day!! I spent all day Friday and Saturday resting, working on Algebra homework in between naps, and trying to drink liquids and eat soup so that my throat would feel better. Today I'm feeling somewhat better - I'm coughing more and blowing my nose less (I don't know if this is a good thing or a bad thing?!). Needless to say, it was not a productive weekend so I'm hoping I feel better soon so I will at least have a productive week!

Smile: No History of Math class this week (I rarely have classes cancelled, and I'm looking forward to having those two hours off to either sleep or study)!

Extra Smile: Class is done on May 9th - so I'm expecting to be 100% healthy on May 10th (I believe part of my not feeling well is stress caused by exams, and perhaps overworking myself).

Frown: I stubbed my little toe last night on the corner of our blue chair (no, the chair hasn't moved since we moved in, I just misjudged my location relative to the chair) and it hurts really bad!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you did something clumsy??? no way! :-D

Karen said...

I know the pain of stubbing a toe. I stubbed mine hours before Allie's wedding and spent most of the night sitting down cause it hurt so bad. It must be a sisters thing!