I have always known I have a problem, but now it might become a bigger problem. I have trouble saying "no" to people. Normally this is not a big deal and it just keeps me busy, but I'm already beginning to think this could be a problem next semester. I am going to take six courses, eighteen credits, in the Spring. Four classes will be math - one is supposed to be nice and challenging, one regression course (it's like Statistics part 2) and a math for elementary education that I'm super excited about. In addition, My statistics teacher has put me on her list for possible tutors, so hopefully out of the forty people taking the course next semester at least one will need a tutor periodically and will be willing to pay fifty dollars an hour (which is what I'm supposed to charge). Other than all this, the guy I'm working with in the mornings wants me to keep working with him in the summer, a girl I work with on the weekends would like me to keep helping her next semester, another guy in class wants me to meet with him sometimes - but this will help me because this guy is smart, and a girl I met and worked with today would like me to continue to help her in the spring - but she paid me $30 today for the hour I worked with her, so I might keep her if she wants to keep paying. I will definitely have to start saying no, or maybe I can just get some of these people to work in groups?! I'm really not worried about next semester because I know that if the time comes I will tell a couple people that if they want my time they need to start paying, I just hope I understand the course well enough to help all these people!
Smile: $30 an hour is something I can get used to!!
Extra Smile: All my papers are completed and printed - two still need to be turned in, but I am not even thinking about them anymore!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment