Monday, October 10, 2005

Happy Birthday to Bobby!

Tuesday is Bobby's birthday, but I have class at 3 and 5 so we decided to celebrate today instead. I took him out to lunch at Olive Garden this afternoon - we prefer doing late lunches so that we miss the crowd! It was very yummy! It was great eating good food that reminded us of being at home.

Then we headed downtown - the last stop on the 1 train. We did not want to take the Ferry to see the Statue of Liberty, so instead we saw her as we walked along the water. It was beginning to mist on our little walk, so many little shops were putting away their items. We stopped at one where the guy had drawings of the city and we decided to buy a little black and white drawing. We are now hoping to start a collection so that our walls will no longer be bare, but for now it is just this one drawing. We might go to the museum and buy some drawings from the gift store, but for now, our little black and white looks great on the wall!

In other good news, it is finally starting to get somewhat cold outside! Saturday was horribly humid! With the fans on we were still sweating!! Since Saturday night, though, it has been a nice 55 to 65! I wore my jacket when we went for a walk the other day!! It is the perfect weather for leaving the windows open and letting in the fresh air and then going to bed with nice warm blankets! I love it!

Other than all this, life has been much the same. I've been working on homework, and Bobby's been working on finding a job - some of his applications are being reviewed so hopefully someone will call this week (wouldn't that be a great birthday present!)!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"so that are walls will no longer be bare"?? i'm rather disappointed... go off to the big fancy city grad school, and your basic grammar just goes right down the drain! :)

Elaine said...

Jules!! I miss you...you haven't been online much in the last few days. Hope things are going well! I want to know what you got Bobster for his bday. Let's talk soon...