My attempts to not celebrate my birthday were unsuccessful at both work and with family, but in the end, both events were nicely low key and simple so it was a great birthday weekend.
I took off work on my birthday (to pick up the in-laws at the airport) so my coworkers surprised me with a little cupcake party for lunch on the day before my birthday. A few of my coworkers put together these delicious "Starbucks frappuccino" cupcakes - don't they look like cute little Starbucks frapps? They were delicious!
On my birthday, Bobby and I picked Pat and Ted up from the airport. They decided to spend a few days in the city before they went to Buffalo for Thanksgiving. They were only here for a few days, but we had a wonderful time with them and were glad they could spend a few days here!
 |
| We went into Toys 'R Us to see the Ferris Wheel and look at toys and clothes (for an adorable nephew) |
We went to FAO on Saturday and happened to be there right when it opened. If you're ever in NYC and want to go to FAO, I highly recommend you arrive in time to see the opening ceremony! A soldier man toots his horn while two guard the door, then they march, declare the store is open and open the doors. Then, when you walk in, all of the FAO employees are lining the main walkway clapping and welcoming you to the store. If I were a kid, I would feel so special! It really was a neat experience!
 |
| Santa decided to do some Christmas shopping at FAO |
 |
| LEGO Statue of Liberty |
 |
| After FAO, we decided to walk through Central Park. |
 |
| The leaves on the trees in Central Park were beautiful! |
Pat and Ted treated Bobby and I to a Radio City Spectacular Show (a.k.a. The Rockettes).
 |
| Christmas decorations on the corner opposite Radio City Music Hall |
 |
| Outside of Radio City Music Hall |
 |
| Inside lobby of Radio City Music Hall |
 |
| Inside of Radio City Music Hall |
Pat and I took the Staten Island Ferry one morning to see the Statue of Liberty - or rather, to get close to it. The ferry was empty so it was a very nice (and slightly cool) ride.
 |
| The Coast Guard followed our ferry both ways |
 |
| (sorry, can't get the picture to rotate properly) |
While they were in town, we saw Lincoln and Skyfall. After seeing Skyfall, we went out onto the balcony at the theater and saw some amazing views.
 |
| View from the balcony of West 42nd street |
 |
| The New Years Eve ball - this is the best view of that ball! |
 |
| Statue of a hand - forgot to look from the street to see the reason for the hand |
One of the places we visited was Macy's. They were having amazing sales and it was nice to see the store after they redid the inside of the main entrance (I'm not a huge fan of the new look, but it was still fun to see). Throughout our visit in Macy's, people (store employees, strangers, etc.) wanted to take pictures with Santa (Ted). He was nice about it and took the pictures.
Smile: Yay for a long Thanksgiving weekend!! (I have work to do, but at least I'll be doing it from home!)
Frown: Sadly, Bobby is sick on today (Thanksgiving) so we are spending the day sitting on the couch watching old Castle episodes on TNT (thank goodness for this marathon or we'd be really bored right now). Poor sick Bobby! (and here's to hoping I don't get sick!)
No comments:
Post a Comment