Since I might be moving next year, and since funds are a little tight, I haven't really been in a "gifting" mood. I don't want anything (I definitely don't need to move anything else is more like it) and I really don't need anything either. It's not that I don't like birthdays or holidays, it's just that currently, the best gift I can give or receive is quality time.
That's why I was thrilled that for my birthday, Erin, Clara, and I went to Olive Garden and then went to see Due Date! A perfect girls' night celebration - one that we can cherish since Clara's defended and is graduating and moving to Pittsburgh! (We didn't take any pictures, so here's an old one of some of Erin's family with Clara.)
With that said, I cried when I got my gift from my friend (and semi-roommate) Erin...
First, she wrote me a super super sweet card (okay, I'm a sucker for quality time, AND cards!!)! Then, I opened the bag and saw that she bought me new Birkenstocks!!! This may sound materialistic, but I am sooooooo excited about this gift! I've had my Birks since, well, since Elaine introduced me to them when we were in college. However, this summer they succumbed to the mold and were thrown away. I thought I was doing pretty good without them, but this cooler weather has really made me miss them - I LIVED in them during this time of year when it's too cold for flip flops but boots aren't needed. Also, they were my travel shoes! Easy on and easy off for security and soooo comfy! I've been thinking all week about what I would wear to travel for Thanksgiving and Christmas. Anyway, I was doing okay with it, or trying to do okay without them, but I don't think I realized how much I really missed them until I got the gift. I literally started to cry!
As I told Bobby, it's such a sweet sweet gift that I don't feel I deserve, and I feel like I should return them.... but I'm soooooo excited to travel with them!! :)And my birthday celebration isn't over yet! Next up... date night with my oh so wonderful husband to go see what I hope will be an excellent movie.... Harry Potter!! It was our first date and I love that we have gotten to see each of the movies together in the theater ever since!
Smile: Week at home with Bobby?! Yes, please!!!
Extra Smile: Hopefully getting to spend some wonderful time holding this cute guy next week?! Yes, please!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment