Wednesday, May 19, 2010

The Comedians of Chelsea Lately





My friend Erin has gotten me hooked on the E! show "Chelsea Lately"! I definitely love some of the comedians on her show (i.e. Ross! Guy, Joe Koy) more than others, but all in all I just love her show.

A few weeks ago Erin informed me that some of the comedians (including Guy) were coming to U of I for a free Saturday night show on May 1 put on by the Campus Activities people (or whatever they're called). Erin, her older sister, Melissa, her husband, Nathan, and I all went to this show and had a wonderful time!

The show opened with Guy and he was hilarious! There were some sorority girls who were there on a break from their bar crawl (so yes, they were a little tipsy) and they were in love with Guy and wouldn't shut up! They kept trying to get him to acknowledge them and they just got annoying fast!



Then Sarah Colonna did an act. I honestly was not a fan of hers from the show but she was hilarious in person and she picked on the sorority girls a lot so that was even better!! Then Natasha Leggero did an act. I really didn't know who she was, and I thought she did okay, but it wasn't awesome or anything. I will say that she looked totally different in person than she does on the show.

Finally, Ryan Stout did an act and it was absolutely hilarious!!! The best part was that he got the sorority girls to leave! If you've ever seen him on Comedy Central, you know that his comedy makes you think a little (he doesn't give away the joke - you starts it and lets you fill in the missing pieces) and the girls started leaving (probably because they wanted to talk to Guy, not because they didn't like Ryan) and Ryan said "yeah, it's probably best that you leave now since you probably won't get my jokes anyway" and it was hilarious!! The other good part is that he told stats jokes! i.e. "4 out of 3 women approve"



It was a hilarious evening and I'm glad I went!

Smile: Jenny and Patrick are getting married in two days!! I cannot wait to see the wedding and to see the family members that are coming into town!! It is definitely going to be a fun weekend!!!

Extra Smile: I got a manicure and pedicure today and it was awesome!!!! No, I'm not in the wedding but oh well, I still wanted a mani and pedi!!

No comments: