Sadly there are no pictures in this post, but I still thought I would take a minute to update you on my Thanksgiving week.
I had an absolutely wonderful time hanging out with Bobby all week! We ate at some very yummy restaurants, watched some fabulous movies (Blind Side was my favorite!!!), and really just spent some quality face time together. I miss him already and I'm very glad that we will only be apart for two and a half weeks this time!!
This week we spent some time with Bob, Anna, Pat, Ted, Patrick (sadly, I didn't get to see Jenny - maybe at Christmas!), and Brett (Ted's son) - whom I haven't seen in years. It was fun getting to see and spend time with everyone.
I did not get to see any friends on this trip (there was no way I was messing with I-35 this week and my focus for this trip was Bobby, not friends, sorry!), but perhaps I will get to see some at Christmas.
I did not get enough work done this week, but I don't mind because it meant that I got to spend some more time with Bobby!! The downside is that as a result of not working this past week, I am going to have to work overtime (is there such thing as overtime for a student?) to get everything done!! Oh well, it was worth it!!
Currently I am sitting in DFW. I was supposed to be on a flight that left at 5pm, however, they needed people to give up seats and honestly, who am I to give up a $300 voucher?! So I took the voucher and am now (hopefully) leaving DFW at 8:40. Now I won't get in until at least 11 pm, so I went ahead and canceled my Chicago to Champaign bus and my awesome friend Erin is letting me crash at her place tonight and she's going to let me ride with her back to Champaign tomorrow! Sadly, this means I had to cancel my morning class, but hopefully my students won't be too upset. (Sidenote: My original flight didn't end up leaving until 6:45 so I would have missed my 9 pm bus to Champaign and probably would have canceled class anyway).
Smile: Yay for a fabulous week!!!
Extra Smile: Yay for a flight voucher!! This will definitely come in handy when I want to visit Bobby in the spring!
No comments:
Post a Comment