This semester I ride the 7:15 bus every day (except weigh-in Thursday when I ride the 6:20 bus). So this semester I have been getting to know my new bus driver, Brian, and this past week a few events happened that made me smile and so I would just like to share with you the positive events that happened.
1. There is a 15ish year old girl that rides our bus everyday. She has talked about how she lives with foster parents but she sometimes gets to see her mom and she has never met her dad ... In other words, she definitely needs love and probably has not had the easiest life (but who has?!). Anyway, the bus driver is friendly and asks her questions and she rambles on each morning about recent events in her life (sometimes telling the same story two days in a row - I think I heard about her mom's birthday being on Valentine's day every day last week) and each time he listens and asks questions and shows that he's interested in what she's saying. I just think it's very sweet of him to do that.
2. Also, she will sometimes go inside and get a cup of hot chocolate while we sit at the bus terminal for a few minutes. Well, this past Tuesday she ate her poptart on the bus but then stayed on the bus at the terminal. So our driver asked why she wasn't getting hot chocolate to wash down her poptart and she said she didn't have 50 cents. So he turned around, grabbed some money out of his bag, and gave her 50 cents to go to her drink. Isn't that sweet?!
3. Sometimes I run a little late to catch the bus at the main stop of the mall, so instead I speedwalk out to the street and catch the bus on his way back by the mall (he heads north for five minutes to drop a few people off and then comes back near the mall, but not back to the mall entrance). Usually I'm late because I wait too long to start my oatmeal and then I don't eat it fast enough to catch the bus - if you're interested. On Monday this past week I was running a minute or so late so I knew I'd be meeting the bus on the street. Well, as I approach the "bus part" of the mall I see that the bus is just leaving the mall parking lot and then the bus stops! So I think "Hmm, maybe he sees me and he's waiting!" So I walked to the bus (instead of angling more towards where I need to be to catch the bus on the street) but then I think, "Hmm, maybe he's not really stopping to wait for me" so I angle back to walk to the street - I don't want to miss him at both stops! So anyway, I'm sure I looked odd at this point because I was like weaving through the parking lot trying to decide which at which angle to walk in order to catch the bus. Then the bus starts moving, but not to exit the parking lot, it comes back around and picked me up! Wasn't that sweet of him!!
(Sorry for the long stories - can you tell I'm procrastinating studying?!)
Smile: This week has been wonderful and I've been able to relax a lot since most of my homework and other assignments were completed early in the week.
Frown: Now that I'm totally over my cold I began working out again this week and as a result how did I do this morning at weigh-in? Oh yeah, I gained almost two pounds!! Isn't losing weight a super fun process?!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment