Saturday, December 13, 2008

Testing

Yesterday I gave my final to my students. Don't get me wrong, I'm very ready for a vacation and the holiday season, however, it's sad that I'm just getting to really know some of my students and now the semester is over!

Yesterday afternoon I helped Nathan proctor his test (he helped me in the morning - we split our kids into two rooms for testing so someone needs to be in the other room). He gives multiple choice tests, so I was able to start grading as students turned in their tests (what else was I going to do? Giving a test can be quite boring sometimes). For the 45 students I had in my room, I had most of their tests graded when the test ended. Then I stuck around for a couple more hours after the test (Erin was in a meeting) and we managed to finish grading all 120 of his tests!! I have to say I'm quite proud of us! After grading, Erin, Zhewen and I went to Chili's for a delicious dinner and then we went to see "Four Christmases" - yes, I did already see it, but who am I to turn down a fun girls' night?!

Today is the day all the 160 16-question tests of mine get graded! Don't you wish you were here?? Oh, and in case you're ever wondering, the U of I campus is dead at 7:30 am on a Saturday morning!

Smile: Yay for being the only one in my office. It may be lonely, but at least being alone means I can blast my Christmas music.

Extra Smile: Yay for www.pandora.com so I can listen to Christmas music (I haven't yet transferred my itunes to this laptop - perhaps I should do that one day!)!!

No comments: