I know that technically summer is on the horizon (or is it here already?), but here in central Illinois we are experiencing some "wonderful" spring storms! In the past I have not minded sitting through a thunderstorm or two, but lately, I have realized a few things I dislike about them:
1. Storms are not fun when you live alone!
2. Storms are not fun when the weather men are constantly saying "Go to your basement" and you don't have a basement! Thankfully my apartment is nicely situated so I can sit in my bathroom (the room that's innermost in my apartment, it has no outside walls or windows) and still watch TV. So far I haven't had to move to the bathroom, but I have spent some time on the floor in front of my bathroom, beside my couch watching the radar as the storm passed overhead.
3. Being under a tornado watch from 5 a.m. (yes, I did wake up shortly before 5 this morning to incredible thunder and lightning) to 11 a.m. is no fun! What's even better is when shortly before 11 they decide to extend the watch until 2 p.m.! Yikes!! I guess it could be worse, a couple counties are under a thunderstorm watch until Saturday! Yes, Saturday!!
(I'm sure this post wasn't particularly interesting, my apologies, but it sure felt good to get it out of my system.)
Smile: I made some good progress studying yesterday - even though I got a late start (I had to go buy some groceries before all these storms came in this week)!
Frown: How's a girl supposed to study with this crazy weather???
No comments:
Post a Comment