Saturday, June 28, 2008

My Knees Aren't Talking!

(I apologize in advance for the complaining nature of this post!)

I wish body parts could talk! How much easier would life be if, for example, our stomach could tell us: "Hey! I am not getting along well with that lunch you ate today! Do not eat it again!!" Where is this randomness coming from? My knees have been hurting pretty bad, off and on, this past week and I cannot figure out why! Am I overusing them? Not using them enough? Is it something I'm eating? Is it something I'm doing or not doing? Is it simply the change in weather?

So far I have lost about 40 pounds and yet still, my knees hurt. Perhaps my muscles are just very tight? Perhaps I carry my stress in my knees in addition to my back? It's days like this that I fondly remember those wonderful days in physical therapy where I daily received knee massages! Ah, the good ol' days!!

Smile: My study sessions this past week went a little better - but don't worry, I'm still incredibly nervous and worried about my test!

Frown: I'm quite bored! I need something to do during my study breaks and sadly, I am fresh out of ideas! Reading blogs and looking up things on the internet is a nice break, but sometimes I just want a break from my laptop, too! Is that crazy??

1 comment:

Julie Isom said...

Congrats on losing 40 pounds! I'm sorry that your knees hurt right now though! Mine do as well, I should lose 40 lbs too. Ray calls me Grandma when I go up or down stairs because my knees always hurt.