Last night I was doing a good deed and helping my new friend Mary (she's from Arkansas and went to a small Christian private university so we bonded over telling stories about the similarities between our high schools and how different it is from here). She lives in the building next to mine so it's no big deal, we just work on homework at night after class and then I come home. Well last night we got done early (sometimes we work late because we get distracted with our story telling) so I walked home. Sadly at the moment I chose to head home it was raining a little, but oh well, it was only next door, so it should not have been a big deal. Instead, I managed to trip (over my own two feet, of course) and I landed on my knees and my hands! I scraped my left palm below my thumb, my right palm (where I rest my hand when I'm writing), my left knee a little bit, and my right knee a good amount (already a large bruise). Sadly, there was this guy in front of the other building standing out of the rain and he saw me fall, he watched me gain my bearings and slowly get up, and as I was bending over to pick up the last of my stuff, he asked me if I needed any help. Yup, that's what I get for living in New York! Anyway, writing has definitely gotten a little harder, walking up and down the stairs is also a little tricky, but at least I didn't hurt myself too badly! I realize that I am clutzy, but this definitely ranks as one of the most painful clutzy moments!! I hope that you all have enjoyed this little story!
Smiles: It is getting cold and it feels great outside!!!
Frowns: For hurting my hand the week of midterms when there is a lot of writing in my near future!
No comments:
Post a Comment